A few tools to help you build a healthy, rewarding relationship with food and eating.
- The Center for Mindful Eating: Offers mindful eating and mindfulness information, online group meditations, seminars, and newsletters.
- Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training (MB-EAT): Offers core concepts on mindful eating, background information about MB-EAT, a guided eating meditation, and mindful eating retreats.
- Mindfulness in Plain English: A free online book to getting started with meditation by Ven. Henepola Gunaratana. Offers an introduction to mindfulness meditation, guidance about how, where, when to practice meditation, explores common challenges and tips to work with them.
- Free Guided Meditations: From the University of California Mindful Awareness Research Centre. Offers several audio files 3-19 minutes long that lead the listener through various practices, including ones for sleep, loving kindness, and breathing meditations.
Mental Health and Illness
- Canadian Mental Health Association: Free, online articles about mental health and mental illnesses, including anxiety, depression, self-injury, and eating disorders.
- Kelty Mental Health: Resources and peer support for individuals of any age with an eating disorder or disordered eating concern, as well as a variety of mental health and substance use issues affecting children and youth. Services provided to BC residents free of charge in person, through email, or via telephone.
- eaTracker: A free, online food and activity tracker provided by Dietitians of Canada. Estimates food energy and energy spent in daily activities and exercise. Provides a meal planner and a journal to keep track of your healthy living goals and progress.
- Nutrition Label Reading: From the Government of Canada. Provides free information about how to use nutrition labels to compare different food products, and understand health claims on packaging.
- Nutrition A-Z: Free nutrition articles on topics ranging from antioxidants, to eating disorders, to lunch ideas to vegetarian diets. Offered by the Dietitians of Canada.
References products or services here do not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement. I may or may not agree with the views of the organizations above.